There is no need to (literally) sweat over a broken air conditioning system. If you need BMW air conditioning repair, look no further than McCullough NAPA Auto Care. We are conveniently located at 5810 Roswell Road in North Atlanta, off of 285. Our technicians are trained to thoroughly inspect and fix AC problems specific to manufacturer recommendations.
Signs Your BMW Needs Air Conditioning Repair
There are ways of telling if your BMW will need to have it’s AC system repaired before it stops blowing cold air. The following signs help determine if you need to schedule a fix.
- Air conditioner only blows hot air. This may seem like a no-brainer, of course, but it’s a sign none-the-less. There are several factors that could lead to a lack of cold air. The most common, and cheapest fix, is depleted refrigerant. Concurrently, there could also be mold or mildew in the system’s evaporator, which could prevent air from reaching the vents.
- Air conditioner blows cold are sporadically. Chances are if you use your air conditioning frequently, you’ll be able to tell when it’s not performing at it’s best on a given setting. A broken part or lack of coolant can lead to a lack in performance. We inspect the entire system in order to locate the problem and only fix what’s necessary.
- Air conditioner makes unusual noises. Air conditioning systems are designed to be quiet. An increase in noise or a squealing sound could be due to a faulty compressor. The compressor is responsible for making sure the coolant is pressurized and able to flow properly through the vents. A compressor undergoes standard wear and tear over time, which may be the cause for noisy rattling or grinding.
- Air conditioner emits strange odor. Simply put, the air coming from your BMW’s vents should not smell bad. An old air cabin filter often leads to bad smells. Filters are easy and cheap to replace. For the same reason, mold and mildew may also be responsible for producing foul odors.
Our ACE-Certified Technicians can determine the root cause and give your system new life, no matter your A/C issue.
A/C Refrigerant Recharge Service
Refrigerant is responsible for cooling the air inside your BMW. Cars that lack this coolant lack cold air. Air will still blow out, it just won’t be cold. If you’re experiencing warm forced air from the vents, it could be because of low refrigerant or even a leak.
We offer an AC recharge service for BMW owners to repair their air conditioning issue. The process is simple. We drain the air conditioning system of any existing coolant, then we recharge the system with a new refrigerant. This way, we know for sure the problem is not due to a lack of coolant.
Lastly, we inspect your BMW’s temperature control and pressure systems to make sure all the parts are working as they should. We are also able to determine if any of these parts have a leak. At this instant, we will explain what a proper fix will entail and outline next steps.
List Of Air Conditioning Repair Services
- AC Diagnosis
- Compressor Replacement
- Condenser Replacement
- Evaporator Replacement
- Evaporator Temperature Sensor Replacement
- Expansion Valve Replacement
- Receiver Drier Assembly Replacement
- Refrigerant Recover
- Refrigerant Refresh
- System Leak Inspection
Need an Additional Service For Your BMW?
We’ve got you covered there, too. We’re more than brake replacement, we are a full service garage in Atlanta ready to repair your BMW. We use only original equipment and factory grade parts for all BMW services and repairs. Our cutting edge diagnostic equipment allows us to see precisely what is going inside your vehicle. After scanning your vehicle’s internal systems, we are able to pinpoint the problem areas quickly. This eliminates guess work and gets you back behind the wheel fast.
We also offer a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty. Click here to see full list of BMW services.