Summer heat makes long drives unbearable without a properly working air conditioning system. When you crank up your AC all the way, you expect nothing but cold air through those vents. However, this may not always be the case. If your car suffers from poor AC performance in Atlanta, trust our auto technicians to repair the issue.
The technicians at McCullough NAPA Auto Care are all ASE-Certified and trained on how best to fix your AC issue when you need it most. We are conveniently located at 5810 Roswell Road in North Atlanta, off of 285.
Signs Your Automobile Needs AC Repair
- Blowing hot air. The most common cause of an ineffective AC system is depleted refrigerant. Refrigerant is the chemical responsible for cooling down the air within the system. Mold or mildew may also be built up within the system’s evaporator. As a result, this could prevent air from reaching the vents. These are both inspection points we look for when you bring your vehicle into our shop.
- Blows cold are sporadically. If you use your air conditioning frequently, chances are you’ll be able to tell when it’s not performing how it should. A lack of coolant can lead to a lack in performance. A broken part within the system can also lead to this. Our technicians inspect the entire air conditioning unit in order to find the issue and fix it fast.
- Unusual noises. A faulty compressor may be what is causing these noises. Air conditioning systems are designed to be quiet. The compressor pressurizes the refrigerant and forces it through the vents. As time passes, a compressor will undergo wear and tear. In this case, that wear and tear may be what is causing those unusual sounds.
- Strange odor. The air coming from your vents should not smell bad. An old cabin air filter can lead to foul smells. Filters are easy and cheap to replace. It is recommended to replace a filter at least once a year. Mold and mildew may also give off foul odors as air pushes past them. Given these points, our professional technicians are trained to look for these odor causing signs.
Quality AC repair for your car has never been easier in Atlanta, thanks to McCullough NAPA Auto Care. Our ACE-Certified Technicians can determine the root cause of your issue and give your system new life.
AC Refrigerant Recharge Service
A lack of refrigerant in your AC system is often the reason for a lack of cold air. In time refrigerant will deplete with use. Refrigerant is the chemical responsible for cooling down the air that blows through your vents. If you’re experiencing warm forced air, it could be because of low refrigerant levels. A recharge service is quick and helps to at least pinpoint the cause for error.
We drain your air conditioning system of any existing coolant. Afterwards, we replenish the system with fresh refrigerant. If the system is still blowing warm air at this point, we at least know it’s not due to a lack of refrigerant.
We’ll also inspect your vehicle’s temperature control and pressure systems to make sure all the parts are working as they should. We can additionally determine if any of these parts have a leak. Following an inspection, we explain what what a fix will entail and outline next steps to repair your system. All things considered, a recharge service is quick and less costly than having to replace a component.
List Of Auto AC Repair Services In Atlanta
- AC Diagnosis
- Compressor Replacement
- Condenser Replacement
- Evaporator Replacement
- Evaporator Temperature Sensor Replacement
- Expansion Valve Replacement
- Receiver Drier Assembly Replacement
- Refrigerant Recover
- Refrigerant Refresh
- System Leak Inspection